Mike and Katie's Cabin

Welcome to our "blog"!!! We hope to share with you the journey we will take as we build our little dream cabin at our property in the Southern Tier of WNY.

Name:
Location: New York State, United States

I am a high school science teacher and my wife is a middle school counselor. We have two boys and a German Shorthaired Pointer named Jager!! We both love the outdoors and spending time at our property!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Reply from the building inspector

Well, I got a reply from the building inspector already! He basically said that my plan looks great and there would seem to be no issues in obtaining a building permit. I may start to fill it out and then send it to him.

He did have a few questions or suggestions that I will address and then reply to him when I send out the application. There will be several times throughout construction when he will need to inspect the site, but that is ok with me!

We are on break now, so I will try and get out to the property next week and get a few things done. There are some trees that have to come down, so I will need to get started on that. Once March and April gets here landscaping begins and free time is a rare commodity.

I have included a couple of pictures of some other cabins that I would like ours to look like. We will not have a fireplace, but we are planning on dormers. I am also looking into the possibility of a metal roof, which I would really, really like!!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which side is going to be the "Urbanski Suite"?

8:34 AM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you not have a fireplace in a cabin?? Katie must be an awesome snuggler!

6:13 PM, March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home