Mike and Katie's Cabin

Welcome to our "blog"!!! We hope to share with you the journey we will take as we build our little dream cabin at our property in the Southern Tier of WNY.

Name:
Location: New York State, United States

I am a high school science teacher and my wife is a middle school counselor. We have two boys and a German Shorthaired Pointer named Jager!! We both love the outdoors and spending time at our property!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sawdust everywhere...






Well, it was opening day of trout season, so the rest of the boys went fishing while my dad and I stayed back to take the maple down. I have included some photos, including a couple of action shots of my dad "in action". We will get out again next week to finish it off and continue to clear the site and get it ready for excavation.

We hope to have the foundation in by the middle of May. We have decided to go with the block wall foundation. The excavation will be done by the guys who put in our pond. We are a little more comfortable dealing with people who we have worked with before. I will also get the building permit application out in the next couple of weeks as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a tree falls on Mr. Kubes in the woods and no one is around to hear him, does he scream?

9:51 AM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home