Mike and Katie's Cabin

Welcome to our "blog"!!! We hope to share with you the journey we will take as we build our little dream cabin at our property in the Southern Tier of WNY.

Name:
Location: New York State, United States

I am a high school science teacher and my wife is a middle school counselor. We have two boys and a German Shorthaired Pointer named Jager!! We both love the outdoors and spending time at our property!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Walking on sunshine!!!

The floor joists and subfloor are in! I was not planning on being at this point yet, but according to the excavator, I needed to get this part done before he backfilled the foundation. I am actualy glad because we finally got to pound some nails into some wood!

We had some great help come out this weekend with my Dad, Tim and a friend of mine Mike. Joe and Steve came out and helped too!

Next week we hope to get the deck up and then the following week the rest of the walls!! Stay tuned!!



We used engineered I-beams for our joists. They went in really easy!!



Just wanted to show Sturman that I do actually do some work!!!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome...looks like this good be a great dance floor for "rollin". Can't wait to see it person!

5:48 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow my boy is all grown up. We always known it was in you. I need a sunroom put on the back of our house when can I get it scheduled in. All joking aside looks great and looking forward to visiting soon.
Johnny Mac

8:39 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know Mike, those "work" pictures of you look a little staged. Great progress!

9:46 AM, July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home